good memories
I forget sometimes, dressing is about being creative. I get stuck in the same cloth pieces and forget to try different things and different combos.
I remember the good old days, when dressing up was a play. It was also about dreaming, through clothes we could be whoever we wanted to be. We arranged our own fashion shows and made up ourselves what was fashionable. I remember me and my friends having a sleepover somewhere and we used to put on the craziest cloth pieces we could find, for example six jackets at the same time, rubber boots, and a shower cap. Then we walked in the streets at night scaring people away and making other hiding friends laugh in the bushes.
One of our best games was picking up the weirdest clothes in the stores and trying them on, having competition who has the ugliest outfit. I remember us laughing so hard, I had the best time ever back then. I think I have to call my friends for a reunion to do this again some time.
Well maybe it would be better to leave these memories in the childhood, but still I want to give that fantasy a little more space in my life. Experimenting with clothes, trying new styles, not taking it too seriously. And not caring what other people think and say, as long as I won't be sent in a mental hospital with my experiments. But I think I won't be that brave.
Do you have some funny clothing memories like these? :)

Just random pictures from photo albums I've browsed today.
My brother, dad and me. I was a pretty good poser back then!



116 Comments:
I love that you are updating more often! :)
ahw cute!
x http://www.jnsoo.blogspot.com/
how sweet!!!.)))
OOOOOH YOU'RE SO SWEET! :D
Anonymous said...
I love that you are updating more often! :)
- I love that, too ! :)
Lucy
Too cute :)
I just remember a few things but one thing will always be in my memories. At one day my best friends and I took platic bags from supermarkets and shoe-boxes and we designed an outfit from that. Shopping bag got to an shirt and shoe box got into nice shoes. We were just so crazy :D
Какие милые:)
its so sweet! love:*
söppis tos vikas ;)
cute!!
It is so pretty and sweet!! :*
lovely post :)
www.myamericandr3am.blogspot.com
I really like all of your photos you took for every post, but I think it is great that you write more now, too! to reminisce about old days is always great!
i used to wear chopper in my hair and other funny things ,it were not important if the colors harmonized...good times.
awww cute!! :)
Lovely photos!! :)
www.thecabinetoffashion.blogspot.com
Ah ah that's funny post. I like very much your face in the photo you're funny face :)
These are such lovely photos :)
http://fleeting-moments.blogspot.com/
I had the sale game with my friends, who had the ugliest outfit ! Sometimes stores really have awful clothes.
I love this post. Great!
http://fashion-as-passion.blogspot.com/
I used to dress up in my grandma's clothes with my friends and we laughed like crazy. I still try some weird outfits in stores just for fun!
http://evamilano.blogspot.com/
Awww that's so cute <3
Hello Marianna, I would like to do an interview with you! I started an Interview-Blog today and maybe you are my first blogger who i ask some questions. :) if you are interested, please write an e-mail to behindtheblogs@yahoo.de
my blog: behind-the-blogs.blogspot.com
:)
воспоминания - всегда так трогательно!
Those childhood captures are so darling. And those competitions you had when you were young sounded so playful and fun!
♥, Jamie
www.TheFancyTeacup.com
Cute photos! ;)
Such lovely memories :)
i have good memories too ;)
nice photos!
Love the photos!! For me, dressing up all the time just isn't practical (as I write this I am in a moth-eaten white t-shirt and leggings) but I do love it's transformative power. It doesn't change me as a person, it doesn't make me more interesting, or kinder, or deeper, but I do love that fashion is a cheeky little pick-me-up that's available to us all when we need it.
I just started my blog, take a looksie if you'd like :)
lifeofrosalie.com
Thanks!
x
Post lindo. Gostei muito da parte em que disse: "Vestir-se é um jogo".
Beijoo
You r so right, I begin to really don t care about what people think concercing the way I am dress, and trust me this is FREEDOM.
Love this post;)
http://lejournaldealison.blogspot.com/
Xxx Alison
Mahtava postaus taas kerran. Oon lukenu sun blogia vaikka kuinka kauan - mut kun saat niin paljon kommentei etten ole viitsiny kommentoida.
love your style, hair and pretty much everything. Also love the way you handled that inconsiderate anonymous who mentioned amy winehouse and the norway tragedy.
xx
http://vt-chance.blogspot.com/
sweet!!! i love your blog! :*
http://marcepani.blogspot.com
So cute pictures!! I also have a lot pictures like these ones...:)
Mela xx
http://melamusings.blogspot.com/
these are the cutest pictures!
Krissy xoxo
www.swallowmyfashion.blogspot.com
you were a cute kid;)
Haha. Your pictures are so cute. When I was a child I loved those costumes. Some old dresses which I wore in theater plays. They had funny pattern and a lot of floral. I rember that I've got one of this lovely dresses in my closet. Maybe I should post a picture.. :D ℓaℓaℓa ♥
Omg my friends and I used to play the ugly dress up game too! It was ridiculously fun and I thought everybody in the store thought we were crazy, but I'm glad you did the same =)
it´s so beautiful :)
I love old family photos
Awww sweet!
xxx
www.londonlastnight.blogspot.com
super Cute ♥
Ihania lapsuuskuvia! Voisitko joskus tehdä sellaisen postauksen, jossa esittelisit kuinka sun tyyli on muuttunut vuosien varrella! Ja oisko sulla esim. jotain kuvia jostain "tyylimokista"?
http://herowndenim.blogspot.com/
I love such memories :) The're so cute.
so sweet! <3
xxxx
"I love that you are updating more often! :)"
Yeah ! that's Good (:
Haha! Funny :)
you were so sweet :)
You have a beautiful face, before and now ! It's amazing how you are a BEAU-TI-FUL woman ! Congratulations for your blog. Thank you for the pleasure to read and for all! You have an ideal Life... Take adavantage there... I dream to meet you... Kiss from Paris <3
Ihana postaus ja toi pitää niin paikkaansa, mitä sanoit! Muistan, kun meilläkin oli tapana nuorena sovitella kaikkia hassuja vaatteita ja naurettiin niin paljon niille aina :D Se oli just kivaa ja hauskaa, pitäisi tosiaan joku kerta ottaa uusiksi.
Tykkään muuten sun blogista hurjasti ja kiva aina katsoa asukuvia ensinnäkin sun kivan tyylin takia ja, kun taustalla on usein tuttuja maisemia täältä päin meiltä päin Espoota:) en oo vaan viitsinyt aiemmin kommentoida, kun nää kommentit hukkuu noiden satojen muiden sekaan... Mutta niin, ihana olet ja kivaa loppukesää! :-)
WE LOVE YOUR BLOG ! http://mariellaundrebecca.blogspot.com/
Look at you in the picture with that dog.. you were always stunning!
With Love From Michigan
Ohhh ** lovely and sweet photos :)
http://theseaoffashion.blogspot.com/
Memmories are very immportant part of life! :) How sweet was you as child! :)
i think it's your the longest post :D i like it :)
yep, it was amazing time, no problems, just havin' fun :)
Your of one the most gorgeous i've ever seen and you're so full of style! love it!
i just found it and im a new follower ♥
http://www.monicascott.blogspot.com
http://www.twitter.com/nyloncake
xoxo
so nice!!
You've had a good sense of style since you were young! I remember I used to play the same game with my friends, we would pick the ugliest clothes and try them on, take funny pictures and we always just had so much fun. I still remember these floral, rubber, rain clogs... oh gosh.
M.
i know what u mean by forgetting to try new combinations! thats a sweet picture x
I love it :)
kisses,
Klaudia B.
Your blog is one of my favourite really ;>
http://szafofa.blogspot.com/
So cute...!
www.amolusso.blogspot.com
soo sweet ♥
really really sweet!!
i love tha family-album! *.*
have a nice day! :)
My photoblog: http://photographyforpassion.blogspot.com/
aww, such a sweet post :)
that's really sweet! but I can't see well these pictures, they're to small. But I like it!
PS. A really wish you your dreams came true;-)
Awww..pretty! ;)
wow, when i was reading this post, i tried to remember my memories of childhood and i have to admit I have got very familiar situations in my mind right know! I remember that i was super crazy and sometimes i wore very strange things and went to the cinema for example. well, some situations are too embarasing to share with people online!:D
www.hellomaja.blogspot.com
You're so right.
Today fashion is something like a religion. One mistake and a hangman is calling!
But in earlier days it was just fun, it was a fantasy, something you tried, you played with it.
These feelings were so wonderful, and now it's hard to do the right thing. It's a little bit sad.
By the way, I love your blog and your photos :)
That's so sweet!
I remember sneaking into my parents' bedroom, stealing my moms clothes (especially her shoes) and see if they fit already. After that me and my best friend would play models or father and mother or something. Quite hilarious when I think about it now :)
X
Voisitko kirjoittaa tekstit myös suomeksi olisi paljon kivempaa lukea postaukset ku ei tarvis miettiä koko aikaa enkusta suomeen?:)
so sweeettt =D....
Haha, hauskaa lukea muiden hiippailuista oudoissa vaatteissa, koska tein aiemmin ihan samaa omien kavereiden kanssa :D
En olekaan aiemmin tainnut kommentoida, että tykkään sun blogista ihan älyttömästi! Aina tosi laadukkaita kuvia ja kauniita asuja, keep it up!
hei sulosii kuvii mut voisitko viel kuitenki laittaa suomenkielise tekstin koska ärsyttää lukee englanniks varsinkaa ku toi enkku ei oo mikää vahvin kieli..:/?
You were really pretty when you were little. Oh yeah, I remember almost all the crazy outfits I wore and at least some pieces I would like to wear now.
There's something beautiful in this post:) But I didn't think that you are so crazy girl ;P
"And not caring what other people think and say, as long as I won't be sent in a mental hospital with my experiments." - love that sentence, it should be my credo!
Greetings from Poland, Marta
oh, how sweet. : D
http://guerland.blogspot.com
lovely
it is such a truth!
but, of course every
person decide it for
themselves how to wear
clothes :)
ANGELS PLEASE CHECK OUT MY BLOG AND TELL ME WHAT ARE YOU THINKING OF IT & WHAT SHOULD I CHANGE/IMPROVE♥
http://arla-aabba.blogspot.com
♥THANK YOU♥ Loves xx
lovely pics!
please check my blog
http://pannaleopardowa.blogspot.com/
<3 !
i really love you for posting texts not only for your finnish people but also for others only speaking english (:
Cute photos. <3
nice day...
N.
nice blog! loooove it
http://modedecerisier.blogspot.com/
http://modedecerisier.blogspot.com/
http://modedecerisier.blogspot.com/
http://modedecerisier.blogspot.com/
http://modedecerisier.blogspot.com/
http://modedecerisier.blogspot.com/
NY shopping part two please :D
Olis kiva jos jaksaisit suomeksikin kirjottaa.. Meinaan mun enkku on surkee :)
You was such a sweet child ! <3
---------------
http://margariii.blogspot.com/
cute pics !
great story :)
I love your Blog and your pockets are very amazing.
dear greetings from germany,
xo melanie
beautiful blog!:)
Lovely pics, is so good have memories in photos...
makingfashionnotwar.blogspot.com
Aaww, thank you everyone, for sharing your stories and for all those comments. They mean so much to me! ♥
I think tomorrow (wednesday) I'll post the NYC shopping part 2! Stay tuned!:)
//
Kiitos taas kommenteista ♥ Arvostan niistä ihan jokaista, riippumatta siitä paljonko täällä kommentteja olisi :) Suomen kieli on jostain postauksista nyt vähän jäänyt, mutta aion ottaa sen taas mukaan!
haha sooo cute! :D
Lovely pictures!! I ran into your blog the other day and I love it!! The pictures are amaizing!! What an inspiration! :-)
Xo,
www.clarillapilla.com
beautiful :)
your dad is very handsome
So cute photos!
Lik it!
http://mylifedreamshopes-anastasia.blogspot.com/
:) cute
my awadd for your blog here!
http://julliettka.blogspot.com/2011/07/about-awards.html
You cant't even imagine how I love your blog, and you :) kisses from Poland :))
PS. add more photos of your menu! :)
hello, i like your blog and your outfits but can i give you an advice? you should update it most often. :) lellabinb
that's the spirit! otherwise you become a prisoner of clothes
:)
Look at your adress mail..
You're cute . <3
I really love your blog ! but most I love your beautiful hair :P
I love this post!
But this girl on facebook is pretending to be you!!! She has your picture and everything and says she isnt a fake!!!http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.108746979216060.17708.100002422766866#!/profile.php?id=100002422766866 I reported her and here is the link. Gosh what an idiot
Love those pictures! You were so cute!
voisitko tehdä meikkaus tuton!?
Great post!
You're totally right!
amazing blog ;)
Sweet ; ) Maybe you 've got some pictures when you was hmm. 14,15? :)
Please, could you add some more pics from New York? I love this place :)
LOVELY http://lapaixetlamour.blogspot.com/
This comment has been removed by the author.
marianna you are so lovely !♥
http://leijan.blogspot.com/
Memories... I have so many in my heart! :)
!Xo!
www.sofashionist.blogspot.com
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home